When I did research about book agents, I also did research on book proposals and what the agents look for.
Most agents look for:
- Your quary letter
- Table of Contents
- The Overview of your book proposal
- Competing books in your genre (especially current ones. Do people read your topic?)
- Information about your title (show that you did research)
- About the author (that would be you)
- Chapter summaries
- Sample Chapter
- Any art (my additional point since I love adding drawings to my novels)
The focus of this blog post is chapter summaries.
One may forget to write one paragraph summary for each chapter because one may focus too much on characters, plot, flow, and English (or whatever language you write in). It is easy to forget about chapter summaries. However, if you have not done chapter summaries for your novels yet, start doing them now.
It’s important to have chapter summaries…
View original post 700 more words